When an Onshore or Offshore Bond is input, the default Insurance Payout setting is 'First to Die' regardless of whether the Bond is in Single or Joint names. If left as 'First to Die' an Insurance payout will be triggered on first death and will show in the cash flow for the year of mortality.
To change the Insurance Payout on a Bond to 'Last to die' follow the steps below:
1. Open the Investments screen.
2. Select the relevant Bond from the Ledger on the right hand side of the screen.
3. Expand Advanced Settings > Insurance Payout.
4. Select 'Last to die' by clicking the radio button next to it.
5. Click OK.
Tip: You can set where the insurance payout is to go by expanding Advanced Settings > Insurance Beneficiary Designation. Enter the percentage(s) in the relevant box(es), then click OK.
6. Click Update.
7. Go to the Let's See Cash Flow chart. Click in the Detailed Info for the year with the first mortality event, click the Cash Flow tab and you will see that no insurance payout shows. Click the Investment tab and you will see the Bond is now shown as owned solely by the surviving client.